Monday 16 November 2015

Meet the Boys...






...Alfie and Roux. My lifelong dream came true when they arrived on 8th August this year. We've already come a long way in three months and I'm going to start writing about them regularly on here, partly because it makes a nice record for me and hopefully so others can benefit from what I've learned through them.

They are both 6-year-old New Forest Pony geldings who used to roam free on the New Forest, before being taken off by their owner. They were treated quite roughly and Roux is still affected to this day, a particularly sensitive horse by nature. They were rescued from being sold for meat by a lady who then passed them on to me a year a bit later so that I could eventually use them for equine assisted learning, as I am currently training to become a facilitator.

I will keep this post short and sweet, but do expect many more insightful ones to follow. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment